Looking for information about a particular mitzvah? Where to go, how to do it, who to ask?
We are here to help!
Request info on a particular mitzvah using our form, or see below for common mitzvot:
Shaatnez is the biblical prohibition against wearing wool and linen together in the same garment. There are services around London which will check individual garments to ensure they are compliant. Common objects to get checked include suits.
1. The Shaatnez Centre: 22 Bell Ln, London NW4 2AD. 020 8202 4005
2. Edgware Shaatnez Centre: Harmony Dry Cleaners, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 8JS. 020 8958 3448
Mezuzot & tefillin
There are a number of locations around London where you can purchase new mezuzot and tefillin, or get your existing ones checked.
1. Sofer Stam: 3 Russell Parade, Golders Green Road, London NW11 9NN. 020 8455 7700. www.soferstam.co.uk/
1. Torah Treasures: 16 Russell Parade, Golders Green, London NW11 9NN. 020 8458 8289. http://www.torahtreasures.co.uk/
2. Divrei Kodesh: 13 Edgwarebury Lane, Edgware, London HA8 8LH. 020 8958 1133.
There are a number of Jewish booksellers around London. A list can be found here: http://keepitkosher.co.uk/directory/results/catid/6/
Sukkah, lulav & etrog
1. Sukkah Mart: Soro Felsenstein Hall, 173 Golders Green Road, Golders Green NW11 9BY. 020 3011 0338. https://sukkahmart.co.uk/